If you have Two Factor Authentication (2FA) turned on with Microsoft Office 365, some applications are not able to connect as they don't expect to deal with the second factor. To get around this issue, Microsoft provides the ability to create App Passwords; these are one-off passwords that can be used for applications that don't support 2FA.
Use this guide to setup an App Password for applications or devices that don't support 2FA.
- Once you have logged in click on your user icon on the top right and then on “My Account”.
- Once you're in "My account " on the left hand side click on "office Apps" .
- On the next page click on “Security and Privacy” then “Additional Security Verification” and lastly “Create and manage app passwords”
- Next click on “App passwords” then “create”
- Type in a name that describes the application or device that the password will be used for, e.g. Outlook or iPhone (so you can remember later on what you created this for).
- Copy the password and use it to authenticate your application or device.
You can create as many additional passwords as required.
|Content by Label|